Monday, April 6, 2015

Book Series Recommendation #2 - The Heroes of Olympus


Series - The Heroes of Olympus
Author - Rick Riordan
Number of books - 5
Overall rating - 4.5/5

For lovers of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, some of these character might be pretty familiar to you! This story begins off with Jason Grace, the Roman son of Jupiter (Zeus) who can't seem to remember who he is and where he is. I won't give away anything, because this series is one of those where you sort of want to go in blind. Without going in blind, you might end up looking for plot points you've heard about, etc., so I won't go into detail.
This series was first shown to me by my best friend when she presented me with a paper on my birthday saying that I would be receiving a signed copy of the first book, The Lost Hero, in the mail when it comes out and I've been following the series ever since! Unfortunately, the series ended on what I think of as a low note late last year when the 5th and final book, The Blood of Olympus, was released.
I recommend this series to anyone that likes a story with ups and downs and a lot of history (not to mention the mythology!).

No comments:

Post a Comment