Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I've Been Nominated for the Liebster Award!



I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Zoe (My Bookish Wonderland)! Thank you so much, as a still relatively new blogger this is a huge deal to me. In fact I had no idea this award even existed until I was nominated. My Bookish Wonderland is spectacular with amazing reviews, certainly worth reading and following!


Image from www.styrianbeautyblog.com


The rules for this award are as follows:

1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.


Here are my answers to the 11 questions I got:

1. What's your favourite music genre?
I'm relatively balanced when it comes to music, I'm not really picky. If you hit shuffle on my Spotify, you might get Imagine Dragons, Lady Gaga, something else pop, you might get Mozart, Bach, or Yo Yo Ma, instrumental from Lord of the Rings or Lost (TV show), or you could get hardcore rap or Fleetwood Mac and David Bowie. The only music I can't stand listening to is country music, I won't stand for it.

2. Do you listen to music while reading?
I could, but I don't. It doesn't do anything for me and I usually end up tuning it out anyway, so there's no point for me to have it on. And sometimes I get carried away with the music and put my book down to sing and dance along, which obviously takes away from reading!

3. Are you good at predicting plot twists?
I can predict that one is coming up and if I'm lucky I get pieces of it right, but for the most part plot twists are a surprise! 

4. Do you want to write a book yourself one day?
I've actually tried four times to write a story and the furthest I've gotten into one was 23 thousand words, after that it felt like I was just stringing out the plot and became disinterested. It's possible I might come back to one of them in the future, but I think I'd like to stick with reading books for now!

5. Do you like going to libraries and borrowing books there?
Oh gosh no. As much as I would love to save the money, some of the questionable substances I've seen between the pages of library books have completely ruined the experience for me. The whole area is a cesspool of germs and bacteria. There was a time when I would get a whole stack of books from the library and as long as they're in good condition I might still, but I just love owning them too much. I try to stick with my own personal library.

6. What do you do when someone borrows a book of yours and returns it in bad condition?
Oh that just doesn't happen. I make 100% certain that people who borrow my books know that they mean everything to me and that if they ruin it, I will not respect them anymore. And if I lend out hardbacks I always take the cover off just in case the book itself gets a little damaged, that way the cover can still cover some damage.

7. Who is your favourite character? (Book or otherwise)
Tricky, because I love so many characters. I love Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries and Frodo and Bilbo from Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, but I also love Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones, Stiles Stilinski from Teen Wolf, and Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses. There's so many to pick from and every book/show/movie presents a new character I love!

8. How many books are on your TBR list?
All the books.

9. How many books would you like to read this year? 
My goal is 100, but if I surpass it, I won't complain :)

10. When do you read most during the day?
At night, easily. There's no obligations, no loss of focus, no noise....and no sleep.

11. If you could meet any author who would it be and what would you ask them?
The list is impossibly long. I would give anything to have five seconds in a room with Rick Riordan, but no matter who it is, I always ask authors if they have any advice for aspiring writers and where their inspiration came from.

11 random facts about me:

1. I don't like the taste of meat, the texture bothers me (whether that makes me a vegetarian or not is up to you)
2. Whenever I feel sad, I watch the Lord of the Rings
3. I don't usually read books more than once
4. The only sport I give any thought to is lacrosse
5.  My zodiac is Cancer and it shows
6. I believe that a good long run or hike in the woods can do a person a world of good, but I'm always afraid of how I'll look to the people I pass
7. I'm terrified of roller coasters, because when the wind comes at me at high speeds I can't breath and I'm afraid I'll pass out
8. I stay up all night and sleep all day
9. I have a dog and I used to have 12 cats
10. Sometimes people get so hyped up on books that it makes me not excited for them
11. I hope to attend a college for a Publishing degree to become an editor or a publicist 

I nominate....
1.  The Review Queen
2. The Nocturnal Fey
3.  Sandra the Bookworm
4. Rattle the Pages
5.  Hills of Books

I hope you all decide to participate and if you do, please comment your post below, I would love to read them!

11 Questions:

1. Book or movie?
2. What is your least favourite book to movie adaptation?
3. Book you haven't read that everyone else has?
4. A book you wish you hadn't read?
5. Top five series? Why?
6. Most owned author?
7. Ebook or physical book? Why?
8. If you could pick one book to survive time to be passed down forever, what would it be?
9. Favourite book read this year?
10. What are some of your favourite characters?
11. Current read?










2 comments:

  1. Great post! And hey, new bloggers should support each other (I was pretty baffled to be nominated as well) :) I'll go check out the blogs you nominated now

    ReplyDelete