Monday, February 1, 2016

Traveler by L.E. DeLano - Review

Title: Traveler
Author: L.E. DeLano
Series: The Viator Journeys
Book: 1
Pages: ~291 (unedited, undetermined)
Rating: 5/5
Release Date: Approx. 2/7/2017

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FINAL COPY OR ARC COPY REVIEW, EVENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE EDITING PHASE

I knew just by reading the small synopsis that I was going to love this book and I'm thrilled that not only was I right, but it also was something entirely different from what I had gathered from the synopsis.

Basically, the story revolves around Jessa St. Clair or rather the many lives of Jessa St. Clair. Jessa it a normal, teenage nerd with a friend, Ben, who is just as nerdy, if not more nerdy. Jessa wants to be a writer and she has a knack for it too, she dreams to vividly and with so much detail that she can transform that and put it right on a page. So when a brown haired boy with green eyes starts appearing in her dreams, how can she not write about him? Things get odd when it turns out Jessa's dream boy isn't really a dream at all. Finn tells Jessa that she's a Viator, a Traveler, that can use mirror objects (including clear water, etc) to be transported into another reality. Through her adventures, Jessa learns that, while she might not be living large, she could have had it a lot worse in some of her other lives, but also that there's so much more out there than she had even begun to realize. There's just one twist, but I'll leave that to the reader to find out.

There's multiple reasons why this book was brilliant. For starters, kudos on probably one of the most unique story plots ever. At first, I kind of thought I had heard of something like it before, but boy was I wrong. Second, I can't help but love Pirate Finn, because he's just fabulous. Third, I love love love Jessa's relationship with Finn and it continually tore me apart through the whole book and will certainly continue to do so in future book(s). The ending just...I can't put it into words, but I know book 2 is going to be a good one for sure!

I am so excited that this is going to be published, so that I can buy it and make it look all pretty up on my shelves, but that's literally over a year away. Thankfully, if you act fast, you don't have to wait that long, because it is currently up on SwoonReads.com, which is quickly becoming the blame for my dwindling battery. Check it out before it's too late: https://swoonreads.com/m/traveler-book-one-of-the-viator-journeys/



No comments:

Post a Comment