Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Best Books of 2018!

It's that time of year again! 2018 is almost over and this year I'll be doing my top 8s from 2018! These are all in my opinion!

Top "Need-to-Read" Books from 2018

1. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
2. Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes
3. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
4. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
5. The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
6. These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
7. Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
8. Markswoman by Rati Mehrotra

Best Covers of 2018

1. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
2. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
3. The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
4. The Traitor Prince by C.J. Redwine
5. The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke 
6. Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
7. Furyborn by Clare Legrand
8. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

Best Songs that Reminded Me of Books/Characters*

1. "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen - Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
2. "Burn Out" by Imagine Dragons - Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes
3. "Bad Liar" by Imagine Dragons - The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
4. "Do I Wanna Know?" by Arctic Monkeys - Another Day by David Levithan
5. "Love of the Game" by Welshly Arms - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
6. "Locked" by Welshly Arms - Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
7. "Miracle - Stripped" by The Score - Champion by Marie Lu
8. "Natural" by Imagine Dragons - Circe by Madeline Miller

*I'm aware that this is cheating, but I heard a lot of good music this year! Also, this is in no particular order

Top 18 Overall Books of 2018

1. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller* 
2. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
3. Another Day by David Levithan
4. Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes
5. The Iliad by Homer
6. Circe by Madeline Miller
7. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
8. The Metamorphoses by Ovid
9. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
10. The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
11. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
12. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
13. Champion by Marie Lu
14. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
15. Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova
16. The Copper Gauntlet by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare 
17. Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking
18. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

*I know this was my #1 last year, but, guys, I'm telling you it's my favourite.

In total, I read 60 books this year. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I'm still proud of that number! Next year, I plan to read 65.

What were some of your favourite reads of 2018? Comment below to share your favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment