Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Rose Society by Marie Lu - Review

23846013
Title: The Rose Society
Series: The Young Elites
Author: Marie Lu
Rating: 5/5


Okay, to sum it up, I'm very dissatisfied with the steps that were taken throughout the novel. Beware of spoilers, because I have a lot to say about this.

I do not like what happened to Enzo. I can understand that it was for plot and character development. As well as the whole "telling from the perspective of the villain" idea. I get it, really. But I shipped Adelina and Enzo sooooo hard and, regardless of the things that happened in this novel, I still freaking do. Magiano is great. He has a good vibe and I think he has great chemistry with Adelina that I would love to see more of in the next book.

I just don't understand why Adelina can't just explain what happened. Why can't she get the Daggers together and calmly explain to them and Enzo what exactly happened when he died. Maybe then they could work together again. Or perhaps I misread entirely and no one was willing to hear her out, but me thinks it's more because she craves the power to herself. Either way, I find it upsetting.

It probably seems like I'm just spewing a bunch of hate, but while I don't agree with the course of things, I can't deny that this was still an amazingly written book. The ending especially is what finally convinced me that this was a five star book. No matter how much I hate Violetta, I can't turn away the fact that she does have a point about what's happening with the Elites and while my fondness of Raffaelle has turned rotten and sour, it won't blind me to the fact that he has discovered a genuine problem. I can't wait to see how Lu decides to execute this in the last book.



No comments:

Post a Comment