Sunday, December 27, 2015

The 5th Wave Review

Title: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Rating: 4.5/5

16101128
I don't know exactly how to describe my feelings for this book. I love so many parts of it, but I felt let down in some aspects.

I guess I'll just start with Cassie's relationship with Evan. I love this. I want more of this. I feel like I'm going to end up getting less of this in the next book. Without giving anything away, I love the way their relationship develops and how they first met. Which brings me to my next topic. Ben Parish. First of all, I swear I've heard this name before and I shipped him with Cassie so hard in the beginning, but then there was Evan and then things happened and I don't know what to feel anymore. Cassie and Evan click, but I feel like the next book will be all about Cassie and Ben. Oh my feels.

Aliens. I love aliens in every way, shape, and form, because they are almost never viewed the same way. Whether books or TV shows, they are always different, even if they are trying to wipe the human race from the planet. Details. I want to learn more about the aliens. This book, a book that was recommended to me solely on the fact that it was about aliens, almost seemed to focus on the love story and the survival more than anything.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some of that Falling Skies action (TV show reference. Recommend), but I want aliens!

All in all, this was a great book. Plenty of action, I loved the characters (mostly), and the romance. All things I love in books. Now, to clarify on my rating a little, I gave it a 4.5 instead of a 5, because of the above paragraph about aliens and because of Ringer, because, yes, I get that apparently all we want are badass female leads that can take care of themselves, but she was way too annoying for me.

I'm so glad I got to read this before the movie comes out and I hope the movie does this book justice!










No comments:

Post a Comment