Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Books For Trade and Bookish Wish

For those of you that don't know, Books for Trade is a hashtag on Twitter that allows people to post pictures of books they no longer want to have, but want to trade away. It's a great way to get your hands on some books you've been looking for that you otherwise might not have been able to obtain (International Editions, signed editions, special editions, etc) and, in the process, you get rid of a book you no longer wanted! There are also some groups on Goodreads and Facebook that I know use Books for Trade methods.

I've been doing Books for Trade for over a year now and it (for the most part) has been a great experience! Through books for trade, I have obtained ARCs and finished copies that I had been looking for for a long time! I've done dozens of trades and I've only had one instance where I didn't get my side of the trade. The tag on twitter is full of great people that are really committed to keeping things moving smoothly. 

Recently, a new hashtag started on twitter called Bookish Wish. Essentially, people post their wishlists (similar to Books for Trade) and hope that someone will contact them. This is a great way to help people that otherwise wouldn't be able to get books due to money issues. 

Since I had some books that I couldn't trade (they were put up on the tag for months with no luck), I decided to offer up a bunch of mine to just send out...for free. Despite being about $15 poorer, I'm actually super glad I did this, because it made me feel so good to send out books to those people and I would 100% do it again. And I plan to! 

The Bookish Wish tag is full of great, generous people. I'm so glad to be a part of such an amazing community that helps others.

If you want to give these tags a look, just search up #booksfortrade or #bookishwish and make someone else's day. Or even post your own books/wishlists! You might be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment