Sunday, December 31, 2017

Best Books of 2017!

It's that time of year again! 2017 is almost over and this year I'll be doing my top 7s from 2017! These are all in my opinion!

Best Books from 2017*

1. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
2. Traveler by L.E DeLano
3. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
4. The Battlemage by Taran Matharu
5. Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye
6. Amid Stars and Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener
7. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

*Note: These are my top choices of books I've read that were published in 2017.

Best Covers from 2017*

1. 27 Hours by Tristina Wright
2. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
3. The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
4. Roar by Cora Carmack
5. Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
6. Windwitch by Susan Dennard
7. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

*Note: The amount of time this section took was astounding.

Best Characters from 2017*

1. Rhysand from A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
2. Julian Blackthorn from Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
3. Finn from Traveler by L.E. DeLano
4-5. Cassian and Azriel from a Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
6. Maven Calore from King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
7. Mark Blackthorn from Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

*Characters based on books I read that were published in 2017

And finally, here are my top 17 books that I read in 2017, regardless of publication year.

Top 17 Overall Books of 2017

1. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
2. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
3. The Queen's Rising (ARC) by Rebecca Ross
4. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
5. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
6. The Fever Code by James Dashner
7. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
8. Traveler by L.E. DeLano
9. Dreamer (ARC) by L.E. DeLano
10. Amid Stars and Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener
11. Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy
12. Catalyst by Lydia Kang
13. Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes
14.  The Novice by Taran Matharu
15. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
16. It Gets Worse by Shane Dawson
17. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

The 17 overall was nearly impossible to figure out because I'm positive I'll never be able to organize them perfectly. I read 66 books over the year (including rereads) and picking just 17 of those is ridiculously stressful. I loved all of the books above and suggest all of them!

It's been a good year, getting to read all these amazing and beautiful (and some not so amazing and beautiful) books. I look forward to a great 2018 filled with all new books. Happy reading and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment