Sunday, November 5, 2017

Mini Reviews - October

Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi 
This is always my go-to book to read when I have a book slump. I adore Warner and with the upcoming 4th book, I just had to immerse myself in this world again. His relationship with Juliet is so heartbreaking and beautiful it's hard not to fall in love with it over and over again.

The Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
I finally decided to read Crooked Kingdom, so naturally I read Six of Crows as well. If both books were entirely from the point of view of Kaz, I don't think I would have been disappointed, but I still loved both books. Kaz and Inej have so much depth to their characters that I can't help but want more about their lives and relationship, especially after reading the last page of Crooked Kingdom. I can only hope that there will be more of them in the future!

Fire Falling (Air Awakens #2) by Elise Kova
This wasn't as amazing as the first book, but it was still fantastic. For some reason I didn't realize how much older Aldrik was than Vhalla and that made me pause for a while, but after the initial realization I got over it and went straight back to loving them. I have no idea why it took me so long to read this other than the fact that now I have to go buy the third book. The last page was a bit of a disappointment and not near as panic-inducing as intended.

Dreamer (Traveler #2) (ARC) by L.E. DeLano
I make my love for the first book no big surprise, so the fact that I love this one as well came as no shock. Finn and Jessa have to be one of my OTPs, but throughout the entire book I couldn't get it out of my mind that I was somehow betraying the original Finn. I love Pirate Finn, but the fact that he wasn't, dare I say, my Finn made me feel like I was doing something wrong. I get that he's essentially the same person in every reality, but it was at the back of my mind from page one. As much as I want to love Ben, he angered me so much with his clinginess to Jessa. This book was overall heart-breaking and earth-shattering. I can't wait to have my hands on the final copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment