Thursday, March 3, 2016

Nil by Lynne Matson - Review

Title: Nil
Author: Lynne Matson
Series: Nil
Book: 1
Copy: Hardback
Pages: 374
Rating: 5/5

17225463This book just tore out my heart and threw it on the ground like it was nothing. Nil is an amazing, unique story about love, heartbreak, survival, and friendship.
Charley's normal life is thrown out of balance when wakes up naked on an island. Her first thought is that she doesn't even know if she's on Earth let alone if there's anyone else with her. Twelve days of barely scraping by on what little things she could gather, Charley runs into Thad. Thad and Charley are instantly captivated by one another, but neither one knows it. With Thad deemed as Charley's island guide, they have plenty of time to get to know each other. Turns out, people (and warm blooded animals) can appear on Nil any day as long as it's noon. Being on an island with mostly nice, hardworking people doesn't seem entirely terrible. But there's a catch. Each person only gets 365 days to get off the island or they die. With Thad's clock ticking, Charley realizes that she doesn't have as much time as she thought. Will she be able to save both of them? Or will one of them die trying to save the other?
I never stood a chance against this book. With it's stupid beautiful idea and great characters, I was doomed to love it from the start. Don't get me started on Thad and Charley. They are amazing and beautiful and oh so very frustrating. Even if I think their liking for one another was a little sudden, I'll let it slide for how well it was portrayed. They wasted too much time thinking about their feelings and didn't act! If I'm on a deserted island with the guy of my dreams, I will not just stand by and think! Especially if the time is limited!
Li, Natalie, and Rives were my three favourite minor characters and I loved each one for a different reason. And each one of them made me sad for a different reason. I don't want to give too much away because this truly is a great book and I know I say this with a lot of books, but the ending is quite spectacular. All in all, it's a great kick ass story that lovers of the TV show Lost and The Maze Runner would probably go crazy over.
The second book is called Nil Unlocked and the last book Nil on Fire comes out May 31, 2016






No comments:

Post a Comment