Monday, June 1, 2015

Prodigy Review



Title: Prodigy
Author: Marie Lu
Rating: 5/5

Goodreads Review:
Day 1 of 5 books, 7 days

Now that. That's just not even fair!
Marie Lu has once again broken me!
I honestly didn't like Tess at all in Prodigy. She was too much, too forceful, and it just didn't seem like she was the same person she was in Legend. And it made me mad at Day, too! Day and Tess just never would have worked in my mind. If he viewed her as a sister for so long, I don't think you can just change from that point of view.
June.
June knew what was going on in this book, she was on top of everything from the very beginning. And then she got sick! I was like 99% sure she was going to die or get seriously injured or something, but clearly in the mind of Marie Lu, I know nothing!
THAT ENDING!
I thought I was going to cry for sure. Certainly Day doesn't die, right? Do I really want to read the last book to find out? I'm afraid to. One thing I don't understand about characters that know they are going to die ahead of time, DO NOT push away your significant other because you think it will be easier when you die. It DOES NOT work that way! Ever!

Additional Thoughts:
This literally broke me a little, but I must push on to complete my challenge! Although, now I have to bump up Champion on my TBR list, because I probably won't be able to hang onto my sanity for that much longer.

Next I'll Be (Re)Reading: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment