Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Witch Hunter (ARC) Review


Title: The Witch Hunter
Author: Virginia Boecker
Rating:  5/5
Release Date: 6/2/15

Goodreads Review:
What. What. WHAT. WHAT!? There are reasons why we have "most anticipated" novels. This, this book right here is the epitome of "most anticipated". The Witch Hunter drags you in from page one and keeps you wanting more after the last page. There's so much emotion and betrayal and amazingness that I literally cannot handle it. I picked up this book with high expectations. Only a handful of times have my expectations that were high to begin with been surpassed. This is one of those times. I flew through the first 150 pages without even noticing. It went by so fast, because I kept turning and turning and turning the pages until BAM!!! half way through the book. Then the last chapter or so just magnified the awe. I needed to set the book to the side when I was finished, because I no longer felt worthy to be holding it.

Just a few things that are amazing in this book:
1. The main character; badass female that looks all cute, but is a raging fighter.
2. No instalove. Hardly focuses on love at all, but when it does, it's perfect.
3. The plot. Unique, surprises you, keeps you guessing, makes you want more.
4. The other major characters. Don't worship the ground that the main character walks on, make their own decisions, actually add to the plot and aren't just there to be there.
5. Character development. Slow, not instant, but definitely noticeable by the end .

Long story short, you're going to want this on your shelf when it comes out.

Additional Thoughts:
If you couldn't tell from the above, I loved this book very much and it is now on the top of my favorite books for 2015 and possibly of all time. Certainly up there with The Wrath and the Dawn that I read a few weeks ago, which was also on my top three for the year. Now I only have one spot for my top three books for the year. I don't know if I can do that, so I'm making it my top ten books instead.

Next I'll be (re)reading: Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment