Saturday, April 18, 2015

The City Center Review


Book title: The City Center
Author: Simone Pond
Rating: 4/5

Goodreads Review:
I received this book as an ecopy via the YA Spring Fling along with a few others, however I decided to pick this one first because it seemed short and interesting. I was hooked from the beginning. The main character, Ava, lives in a world where everything is controlled by a Royal Court, where she is training for. Every 18 years, a new group of people take the place of the old Royal Court and those at the age of 36 go to a secluded paradise for their retirement. Ava always knew she was different, but everything changes when an Outsider breaks into the City Center. The Ousider, Joseph, gives Ava a book before he is captured that reveals that the City Center isn't what she thought it was. After Ava cleverly breaks Joseph out of the City Center, she journeys with him to the last known survivors of what humanity used to be like. You'll just have to read it to know what happens next, because I don't want to spoil anything! I really liked this book, except for a few things that I wasn't 100% on, such as Joseph and Ava's relationship moving as fast as it did, but they're cute together, so I'll make an exception. The ending left me curious to see what happens to Morray, so I'm really glad I'll be reading the second book soon!

In addition, I want to point out that beautiful cover. Anyway, I'm actually really sad that this book was so short. I got so into it that I just didn't want it to end, however, since there's a second book (and third and fourth...) I think I'll let that go. So excited to get to reading the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment